MEDD912 Високотехнологична медицина
Over the past decade speech and language therapy has taken an interesting turn towards the use of informationcommunication technologies (ICTs) for diagnosis of disorders and delivery of therapy. In many cases ICTs have worked asassistive tools to therapists, while in others as sole providers of therapy, especially in remote areas. In this course we providea brief overview of the most representative technologies, solutions and research articles for applications and assistivetechnologies used for assessment and intervention purposes in Speech Therapy according to the type of disorders.
Telehealth, as a provision of health care at a distance by usage of ICT, has also found its application in speech-languagepathology (SLP) services. There are many advantages of remote usage of SLP services like extending the treatment orreaching remotely located people who need a treatment at affordable cost. While in the developed countries SLP telepracticeis becoming common, there is little evidence about their usage in transitional and developing countries. The course providesand insights into the profiles of the SLPs and their patients, regarding their computer literacy as well as their needs andpreferences in using remote speech-language services.
доц. Полина Михова д-р
Описание на курса:
Students who complete this course will have skills and knowledge about:
• the nature and activities carried out by technology in telepractice
• the ethical and legal norms in the field of telemedicine and telepractice world
• developing an ICT strategy for ICt implementation into SLP`s practice
• developing policies for acquisition, maintenance, and use of ICTs.
• promoting the use of ICTs in SLP.
• the process involved to convert existing resources to ICT-mediated learning materials.
• the required steps involved to develop ICT-mediated learning materials.
• assisting the SLP practitioners to use ICTs in their practice.
• facilitating both the on-site and online learning in SLP practice using ICTs.
Students are required to have the following knowledge and/or skills:
• Master's Degree, Linguistic - Terminological Qualification,
• computer and language training, practical and applied experience, and
• motivation to work on research goals and objectives
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Литература по темите:
5. Carretero, S.; Vuorikari, R. and Punie, Y. (2017). DigComp 2.1: The Digital Competence Framework for Citizens witheight proficiency levels and examples of use, EUR
6. Suhas Chandran, Supriya Mathur & Kishor Manohar Rao (2019) Media and the role of digital psychiatry in mental health,Digital Psychiatry, 2:1, 34-44, DOI: 10.1080/2575517X.2019.1651625
7. Medical telematics--Handbooks, manuals, etc. I. Lazakidou, Athina A., 1975- II. Siassiakos, Konstantinos M. [DNLM: 1.Telemedicin e--methods. 2. Medical Informatics Applications. W 83.1 H236 2009] R119.95.H36 2009 610.285--dc22
8.https://ehealth-edu.eu/ - „Development of an online learning environment for eHealth under the ERASMUS + Program 1with more than one beneficiary, Contract number – 2017-1-BG01-KA203-036310
9.”Development of digital skills for online rehabilitation therapies/e-KINE”, 2020-1-RO01-KA226-VET-095462 - http://e-kine.eu/
10. Mihova P., Telemedical solutions - practical approach in Bulgaria, Telemedicine Techniques and Applications, ISBN978-953-307-354-5, Book edited by: Georgi Graschew and Stefan Rakowsky, Intech, 2011, p413-438
11.NATO Science for Peace and Security Series - D: Information and Communication Security, Vol.49, 2017, ed.CarlaSydney Stone, ISBN 978-1-61499-811-2 (print) | 978-1-61499-812-9 (online)
12.https://www.openaccessebooks.com/telemedicine.html - free eBooks