Speech and Language Pathology
Short presentation of the programme:
The objective of the program is to cultivate highly competent professionals who are able to conduct fundamental as well as applied research in a variety of subfields of speech and language pathology and disciplines that are closely connected to it.
The training of the PhD students is accomplished through their participation in PhD courses, scientific conferences, symposia, specialized international seminars and specializations, etc., teaching, expert and consultative activities, supervision of internship and practical activities with students in bachelor's and master's programs in the field, participation in projects, publications, research and practice, and other activities.
Major and professional qualification:
Научно направление: Logopedia
Practical training courses:
The program provides the opportunity to participate in practicums and internships at the Center for the Therapy of Communicative and Emotional-Behavioral Disorders at NBU, as well as to work on research projects in the labs of experimental psychology and neurosciences at NBU.
Exchange of PhD students with European Universities (Norway and Italy).
Graduate Student Competencies:
The following are some of the skills that graduates will have:
• the ability to conduct analytical work and research in the field of speech and language pathology by working on independent research and experiments;
• the ability to plan research and experiments based on the most recent achievements in the scientific field;
• the ability to process data, evaluate and interpret results;
• the ability to conduct scientific exchanges and participate in Bulgarian and international research projects;
• the ability to prepare speech and language pathology diagnostic and treatment plans.
Covering the required number of credits and defending a PhD thesis.
Health Care and Social Work