Business, Management, Technology and Innovation (jointly with York University) (in English)
Short presentation of the programme:
The programme is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services sector. In recent years, the financial services industry has seen rapid worldwide development and change. Within this environment, there is an increasing demand for financial specialists capable of understanding the rules and complexities of the modern financial system.
Students do not only acquire a sound theoretical understanding but they also gain practical experience, by applying their knowledge on real life projects. Students benefit from the research-led environment, since they are exposed to not only the well-established fundamentals in their courses, but also to the most advanced theories and techniques currently under consideration and they are encouraged to be involved in academic research activities. Students are taught by academic staff members who are passionate about developing and delivering high quality innovative and inspirational learning and teaching methods. Students benefit from the provision of personal support, which ensures their successful learning development.
• degree from one of the world’s top 100 universities, the University of York.
• opportunities for placements and internships, in companies and organisations within the sector of banking and finance, assisting students to embark their career while studying.
• use of on-line trading simulators helping students to put theory into practice.
• students are exposed to different types of financial assets, markets and institutions and appreciate various schools of analysis.
• expert teaching team, comprised of seasoned academics and industry experts with experience in banking and finance.
• graduates pursue careers in corporate finance, financial planning, investment banking, investment consulting, private banking and many more.
• specialised programme of studies focusing on latest theory and practical applications of the finance industry.
• a pathway to a successful career in Europe and abroad.