MHRE412 Working with Emotions. Emotion Management
This course delves into the social and emotional skills that sustain positive relationships at work. It highlights the foundational and related skills of empathy and “emotional intelligence,” also known as EQ, which refers to the skills of identifying and regulating our own feelings, tuning into the feelings of others and understanding their perspectives, and using this knowledge to guide us toward constructive social interactions. It offers practical ways to strengthen empathy, trust, and collaboration among teams to improve job performance and resolve conflicts more constructively—with a special emphasis on how socially intelligent HR manager can build cultures of belonging and engagement.
• Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, and empathy.
• Understand, use and manage the emotions.
• Verbally communicate with others.
• Successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner.
• Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence.
• Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace.
• Balance optimism and pessimism.
• Effectively impact others
доц. Димитър Панайотов д-р
Описание на курса:
Students who successfully complete the course:
• Understand the connection between emotions and stress in the workplace
• Improve their skills at managing emotions in the workplace and maximizing work relationships
• Learn how to balance the physical, mental and emotional aspects of life
• Understand the role of emotional and social intelligence to improve job performance
• Upon successful completion of the course students should be able:
Become more effective at managing emotions in the workplace through assertiveness communication skills
• Create less stress in the workplace by fostering work environments where emotional honesty and emotional energy are accepted
• Control their emotions when faced with stress in the workplace and achieve positive interaction in teams and work groups
• Use practical techniques to manage emotions
Students should have knowledge and/ or skills in:
• English reading/ writing skills
• Computer skills (text-processing, worksheets, Internet and e-mail).
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Литература по темите:
Emotions at work, theory, research and applications for management (2004), ed. by Roy L. Payne, Cary L. Cooper, John Wiley& Sons Inc, USA
Средства за оценяване:
Assessment forms On-going Combined Final exam
Written assignment 50% 50% 50 %
Practical assignment 50% 50% 50%
Additional pre-conditions for forming the final score:
The student can automatically get rid of the continuous assessment tests, if he/she has positive results of the written assignments during the semester and participate in a workshop or fulfill practical tasks (project) during the semester passed through the platform Moodle of NBU.
The evaluation of the students is going through a complex assignment - a written assignment and practical coursework delivered in MOODLE of NBU until the day of the exam in the session. The relative weight of the two components is 50:50.