MSME012 Management Control
The course has duration of 30 academic hours and encompasses different forms of study:
І. Individual work with training materials
• Working with a reader – reading, experience-based reflection, setting a concept, applying in-bedded assignments, analysis assignments, study of work environments and practices
• Work with science publications and printed sources
• Work with electronic resources
• Development of tutor-marked and assessed written assignment, by any student
• Development of group projects.
ІІ. Interactive group-works and workshops, discussions, class assignments for understanding and skills development/ improvement
• Problem-solving workshops for forming/ development of personal characteristics
• Self-development and virtual discussion and problem-solving groups
• Tutor facilitated on-line and off-line discussions
• Video conference workshops.
The objectives of the course are to:
• help to be understood and applied cycle control
• provide approaches to decision-making
• introduce the techniques of monitoring and evaluation.
доц. Мария Иванова д-р
доц. Елмира Банчева д-р
Описание на курса:
Students who successfully complete the course:
• Planning concepts;
• making decisions;
• the importance of activities for monitoring and evaluation of activities to ensure effective use of resources.
2) can (will be able to)::
• use the tools of practical planning techniques;
• apply techniques for assisting decision making;
• to develop suitable methods for monitoring and evaluating the work.
Students should have knowledge and/ or skills in:
• English reading/ writing skills
• Computer skills (text-processing, worksheets, Internet and e-mail).
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Литература по темите:
Clark, K. and Fujimoto, T. (1991) “Reducing the time to market: the case of the world auto industry” in Henry, J. and Walker, D. (eds.) Managing Innovation, London, Sage, pp. 106-116.
De Bono, E. (1982) Lateral Thinking for Management, Harmondsworth, Penguin.
Drucker, P. F. (2007) The Practice of Management, London, Heinemann.
McCollam, A. and White, J. (1993) Building on Experience, Edinburgh, Scottish Association for Mental Health.
Rawlinson, J. G. (2006) Introduction to Creative Thinking and Brainstorming, London, British Institute of Management Foundation.
Sargent, A. (1976) Decision Taking, London, Industrial Society.
Van Gundy, A. B. Jr. (2009) Techniques of Structural Problem Solving, 2nd edn., New York, Van Nostrand Reinhold.
Средства за оценяване:
The final grade for the course is based on the results of continuous assessment and written examination with equal weight - 50:50.