MHRE125 Проект: Техники за интервюиране
Finding and appointing unsuitable candidates for the job, as a result of deficit of knowledge and interviewing skills can be very costly to companies. Therefore, the focus of this course is aimed at introducing and implementing various effective techniques to attract the right candidate for the right job.
• Understand the impact of the interview to hire the best candidates.
• Implement the Six Laws of the interview to find the right people.
• Identify and use the tools and techniques for effective interviewing and discover talents.
• Use the right kinds of questions to find what you are looking for.
• Understanding and application of the interviewing process outlined step by step to eliminate errors.
• Develop a plan of actions for the development and effective interviewing.
гл. ас. Мария Тумбева д-р
Описание на курса:
Students who successfully complete the course:
• how to design the selection process and in particular the interview selection;
• the nature of the interview as a "life changing experience";
• How to link the job description with the personal specification;
• to evaluate CV and other application forms;
• the meaning and the importance of interview;
• good techniques for asking questions;
• benefits and skills of effective listening;
• how to choose the best candidate;
• how to control the interview;
• how to avoid discriminatory practices and issues of equity, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or religion.
Upon successful completion of the course students should be able:
• demonstrate effective skills to manage the interview for selection;
• what is permissible and what is forbidden during the interview;
• develop different approaches to "investigate" the potential of talent;
• know, apply and critically evaluate different techniques and methods for the selection interview
Students should have knowledge and/ or skills in:
• English reading/ writing skills
• Computer skills (text-processing, worksheets, Internet and e-mail).
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Литература по темите:
Bancheva, E. The process of selection and assessment of personnel SM-NBU, 2008,
Armstrong, M. (2006). A Handbook of HRM Practice. 10th ed. London: Kogan Page.
Caldwell, C., Thornton, G. C., & Gruys, M. (2003). Ten classic assessment center errors:
Challenges to selection validity. Public Personnel Management, 32(1), 73-88.
Cullen, M. J., & Sackett, P. R. (2004). Integrity testing in the workplace. In J. C. Thomas & M. Hersen (Eds.), Comprehensive handbook of psychological assessment, Volume 4: Industrial and organizational psychology (pp. 149-165). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
Hough, L. M., & Oswald, F. L. (2000). Personnel selection: Looking toward the future — remembering the past. Annual Review of Psychology, 51, 631-664.
Murphy, K. R., Cronin, B. E., & Tam, A. P. (2003). Controversy and consensus regarding the use of cognitive ability testing in organizations. Journal of Applied Psychology, 88(4), 660-671.
Pearn, M and Kandola, R (1993) Job analyses: A manager’s guide, 2nd edition, IPD: London
Randall, S. (1997) Managing Human Resources, New York University, South – Western College Publishing
Redman, T. and Wilkinson, A. (2001) Contemporary Human Resource Management, Prentice Hall
Schmidt, F. L., & Hunter, J. (2004). General mental ability in the world of work: Occupational attainment and job performance. Journal of Personality & Social Psychology, 86(1), 162-173
Testing and Assessment: An Employer's Guide to Good Practices. (2000). Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Labour, Employment and Training Administration. Note: Article can be accessed at http://www.onetcenter.org/guides.html.
Tolley Harry, Wood R. (2005) How to Succeed at an Assessment Centre, Kogan Page
Woehr, D., & Winfred, A. (2003). The construct-related validity of assessment center ratings: A review and meta-analysis of the role of methodological factors. Journal of Management, 29(2), 231-258.
Средства за оценяване:
Assessment forms On-going Combined Final exam
Practical assignment 100% 100% 100%
Additional pre-conditions for forming the final score:
The student can automatically get rid of continuous assessment tests, if he/she has a positive result from a practical task (project) during the semester, delivered in Moodle platform of the -NBU. The relative weight is 100%.