MHRE111 Strategies and policies for planning and developing of human resources
The Strategies and policies for HR planning and management course focuses primarily on the role of "strategic partner" the HR manager has to implement to keep pace with modern requirements. This course aims at understanding and assimilating the roles and tasks of the contemporary leader in organizations aiming at organizational excellence: knowledge and skills to create prerequisites for sustainable development; knowledge and skills to develop and communicate the vision and strategic goals of the organization, engaging and inspiring people to achieve the mission and goals of the organization.
Students' attention is also focused on methods and techniques for planning the need for human resources.
• Understanding the importance of effective HR governance;
• Identifying stakeholders in human resource management and their goals;
• Understanding the main activities in HR management and the need for an integrated policy - horizontal and vertical to achieve the goals of the organization;
• Awareness of responsibility in managing HR and the importance of cooperation;
• Discuss current trends and introduce into "best" practices strategies and policies for planning and managing human resources
гл. ас. Мария Тумбева д-р
Описание на курса:
The course aims at forming knowledge, skills and understanding for the development of policies, strategy and operational plans to achieve the mission and vision of the organization through effective HR management and the transformation of HR managers into a strategic business partner; to develop a new, holistic view of the organization by applying modern methods of cooperation and planning the need for talent for its development
Students who successfully complete the course:
• the theoretical and practical concepts of corporate and business strategy tied with an adequate strategy for people in organizations;
• understand the nature and impact of the external and internal environment on the development of strategy and policies for people;
Upon successful completion of the course students should be able:
• to discuss and evaluate critically the different models and concepts of strategic human management;
• evaluate and use different techniques for planning and providing companies with human resources
Students should have knowledge and/ or skills in:
• English reading/ writing skills
• System thinking: Systematic problem-solving and knowledge of the various functional areas of the organization.
• Computer literacy.
• Internet Literacy.
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Литература по темите:
Bancheva, Е. (2009) Why is HR management important?, NBU, learning book
Graton, L. (2011) "Life Strategy," ed. "Classic and Style"
Kaplan, R., Norton, B. (2006) "Strategic maps", ed. "Classic and Style"
Porter M. (2006) "Competitive Strategy", ed. "Classic and Style"
Средства за оценяване:
The student can automatically get rid of the continuous assessment tests, if he/she has positive results of the written assignments during the semester and participate in a workshop or fulfill practical tasks (project) during the semester passed through the platform Moodle of NBU.
The evaluation of the students is going through a complex assignment - a written assignment and practical coursework delivered in MOODLE of NBU until the day of the exam in the session. The relative weight of the two components is 50:50.