MABM209 Съвременната архитектура на САЩ и Великобритания
COURSE STATUS: Elective
• to give the students knowledge and awareness of the US urban environment and the American way of life;
• to give the students knowledge about the 20th and 21st Century Schools and styles in the American Architecture, and about the influences between US and European Architecture (particularly the British one) in the recent decades.
доц. Димитър Андрейчин
Описание на курса:
After completing the course the students should have:
• Good image of the US urban environment development, its sources and roots;
• Good knowledge of the past influences on the US Architecture from Great Britain, France or Spain, as well as nowadays American influence on the European and World Architecture and City Planning;
• Knowledge of some symbolic buildings and other monuments of the US State system and National culture;
• Knowledge and orientation in the specific atmosphere of the biggest US cities and their downtown areas;
• Information about the way of living, studying or working in the American architectural and mental environment.
English language proficiency; interests in history, contemporary art, architecture and urbanism, big cities’ problems – such as housing, downtown density of buildings and jobs, cultural institutions, urban transportation, etc.
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Средства за оценяване:
The course consists of 30 academic hours, organized as follows:
Lectures – 26 hours (Power Point Presentations and videos).
Seminars – 4 hours (the two seminars aim at discussions on a series of six lectures).
The final grade is based on students’ participation in the seminars and the final exam.