MABM101 American Studies - Contemporary Aspects
* Lectures – 20 hours
* Workshops – 8 hours (these workshops are so designed as to provoke active student participation; they are based on individual work on tasks given previously, paper presentation on such a topic and/or debating during the seminars);
* End-term course review – 2 hours.
Grade is based on students’ participation in class throughout the semester and final exam.
* to give the students considerable knowledge and understanding of the contemporary aspects in the academic field of American Studies;
* to stimulate students' critical and creative thinking in one of the most flourishing academic fields nowadays.
Prof. Albena Bakratcheva, PhD, D.Litt.,
Успешно завършилите курса студенти:
* basic equipment in American Studies.
* have a clear-cut idea as to how the field of American Studies is considered by the academy nowadays.
* have deepened their motivation towards research and general devotion to the field of American Studies.
* flexible critical thinking in the field of American Studies.
Студентите да имат знания и/или умения:
• English language proficiency.
• Background in American literature and culture.
• Literary theory equipment.
Types of Courses:
Language of teaching:
Студентите ще получат списък на основните автори и произведения.
Fisher, Philip, ed. THE NEW AMERICAN STUDIES. Essays from Representations. University of California Press. Berkeley, Los Angeles, Oxford, 1991.
Recent publications in US and European American Studies journals
Участие в семинари