MBRM502 Икономически политики на ЕС
There are a lot of economic issues that are directly related to the process of European integration, from the history of the European Communities, through the law and institutions of the European Union, the nature and development of the Common Market, Economic and Monetary Union, the Common Commercial Policy, to the specific sectoral and functional policies pursued by the European Union.
The course covers the general framework of the European Economic Integration process, with the main focus on the legal framework, the institutional structure, the main achievements of the Internal Market, Economic and Monetary Union and the Common Commercial Policy. The external policies and main sectoral and functional policies of the European Union are briefly outlined.
The aim of the course is to provide in a systematic and accessible way knowledge of the current state and perspectives of the European integration processes of students, thus providing a basis for creating knowledge, skills and competence for understanding and analyzing the logic behind the development of relevant areas of the integration process over time, as well as the latest developments in them, as well as an assessment of Bulgaria's place and actions in the EU.
Любомира Вълчева-Нъндлол д-р
Описание на курса:
Students who complete this course:
1) will know:
• the EU's history, legal and institutional system;
• the nature and development of the EU Common Market;
• the nature and development of the EU Economic and Monetary Union;
• the nature and development of the EU Common Commercial Policy;
• the main aspects and participation of Bulgaria in the sectoral and functional policies of the EU.
2) will be able to:
• analyze and evaluate the development of the process of European economic integration from a political and economic point of view;
• assess the impact of EU policies on Member States and on international business agents;
• analyze and evaluate Bulgaria's participation and place in the EU;
• use in practice the acquired skills to analyze and evaluate alternative approaches and strategies for international business development;
• take adequate management decisions for behavior in the EU market.
Students are required to have the following knowledge and/or skills:
• European History after WWII
• Basics of EU integration history and processes
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
- The History of European Integration - 1st part
- The History of European Integration - 2nd part
- EU law and law-making institutions
- EU Institutions
- Single market & EU Common Market policy
- EU's Common Policies - 1st part
- EU's Common Policies - 2nd part
Литература по темите:
• Marinov, E. 2020. European Economic Integration. Moodle, NBU.
• Baldwin and C. Wyplosz. 2019. The Economics of European Integration, 6th Edition, McGraw-Hill.
• European Parliament. 2019. Technical fiches for the European Union.
• European Commission. 2019. European Union Policy Series.
• Jacque, J.P. 2007. EU Institutional Law. Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski.
Средства за оценяване:
• Ongoing assessment - participation in classroom assignments (3x10%), development and presentation of an ongoing assessment assignment (70%)
• Final assessment - test (60%) and practical case (40%)