MBRM501 Международна търговия – теория и политики
The course covers the main areas of theory of international trade, as well as various aspects of its regulation. The lectures are in line with the latest trends in the global economy and trade, because it is a dynamic matter related to continuous processes of change, development and surprise. Particular attention is paid to Bulgaria's foreign trade policies and relations, the impact of global changes and trends on them and the country's place in the world economy.
The aim is to provide students with a comprehensive knowledge of the theoretical foundations of international trade and contemporary globalization and of the foreign economic aspects of trade policies of different countries and economic blocs. With the successful completion of the course, students will develop skills to analyze the state and major trends in today's world economy and trade relations between countries, as well as the opportunity to evaluate trade policy and the opportunities it provides to enhance competitiveness - both nationally and at the company level.
доц. Едуард Маринов д-р
Описание на курса:
Students who complete this course:
1) will know:
• international trade theories;
• the state and trends in the development of the modern world economy;
• the nature, content, purpose and consequences for the business of implementing the various foreign trade policy instruments;
• methods for analyzing and increasing the competitiveness of the national economy at the microeconomic and macroeconomic levels;
2) will be able to:
• use the acquired theoretical knowledge to analyze and interpret the situation and trends in international trade;
• critically evaluate the content and instruments of national economic and foreign economic policy and formulate and substantiate their own positions on the directions for their improvement;
• adequately interpret the status, trends and prospects of the Bulgarian economy in the European Union and the global economy as a whole.
Students are required to have the following knowledge and/or skills:
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Литература по темите:
• Marinov, E. Lectures in international economics, Moodle, NBU.
• Appleyard, D. and A. Field, Jr. 2014. International economics — 8th ed. McGraw-Hill.
• Carbaugh, R. 2013. International economics, 14th ed. South-Western. ISBN 9781285060316.
• Krugman, P. Obstfeld, M. and M. Melits. 2017. International Economics – Theory and Policies. 11th Edition. Pearson. ISBN-13: 978-1292214870
• Salvatore, D. 2013. International Economics – 11th edition. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-1-118-17793-8.
• Papers in specialized economic journals.
• Webpages of national and international institutions.
Средства за оценяване:
• Ongoing assessment - participation in classroom assignments (3x10%), development and presentation of an ongoing assessment assignment (70%)
• Final assessment - test (60%) and practical case (40%)