ITTM001 Компютърно-подпомогнат превод и локализация
Computer-assisted translation and interpreting are increasingly becoming synonyms not only of high-quality translation and interpreting in the efficient work of translation/interpretation agencies, but also of modern translation/interpretation itself. The course presents the main tools used in machine-aided translation and interpreting and offers hands-on experience in them. Students will become familiar with the processes of segmentation and indexation, with the use of concordancers and aligners. They will be taught to combine different tools, to create their own translation memories and glossaries and to re-use resources. Tools for interpreting and localisation tools will be outlined as well.
Тодор Лазаров д-р
Описание на курса:
1. Demonstrate practical skills in running machine translation (MT) software packages, computer-assisted translation (CAT) and interpreting (CAI) tools, and the ability to analyse and evaluate the quality of the output.
2. Demonstrate advanced, high-level practical skills in using a wide variety of state-of-the-art tools and resources for translation and interpreting;
3. Demonstrate practical skills in setting up a translation project using different machine translation (MT) software packages, computer-assisted translation (CAT), localisation and interpreting (CAI) tools.
Working knowledge of markup languages.
Knowledge of CAT tools.
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
- Introductory meeting
- Language service providers (LSP) and their workflow
- Computer assisted translation (САТ) tools – types and logic
- Regex-es for preparing files for CAT tool
- Applicable Regex-es for CAT tools
- Assignment 1 (localisation in memsource) – elaboration on the assignment
- Usability of CAT tools
- LSP workflow and processes
- Corpora and linguistic resources for CATs and LSPs
- Other uses of CAT tools
- Assignment 2 (evaluation of different CAT tools) – elaboration on the assignment
- Translation formal steps
- Data annotation and alignment
- Q&A session
- Concluding meeting
Литература по темите:
Samuelsson-Brown, Geoffrey. (2010). A Practical Guide for Translators – 5th ed. ISBN-13: 978-1-84769-251-1
Samuelsson-Brown, Geoffrey. (2006). Managing Translation Services. ISBN 1-85359-914-X / EAN 978-1-85359-914-9
O’Hagan, Minako. (2020) The Routledge handbook of translation and technology. ISBN: 978-1-138-23284-6