SEMM700 Marketing Management
The aim of the course is to provide to the students the necessary knowledge about the principles and practices of marketing management as a n immanent part of the business unites no matter in which sphere, market and category they operate. The capability of effective and efficient management is concerned nowadays as key competitive advantage in highly dynamic environment. The main reason for that is the fact that marketing process starts even before the product to be produced and continues long after its launching.
гл. ас. Росица Накова д-р
Описание на курса:
After the course the students will:
- the contemporary concepts about the essence, importance, goals and tasks of the marketing management in organization of the 21st century.
- how to receive information and knowledge about the environment, to analyse it and to create successful strategies of each of the forth element that build up the marketing mix.
- how to understand target markets and to choose the most appropriate approaches to them.
2) be able:
- to use marketing management as a tool for developing business organization and to set it as a competitive market player;
- to apply the basic principles in marketing management in decision making processes in case study exercises.
Introduction course in marketing.
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Литература по темите:
- Doyle, Peter (2006), Value-Based Marketing. Marketing Strategies for Corporate Growth and Stakeholder Value. 2nd ed., Chichester, England: John Wiley & Sons;
- Fifield, Paul (2007), Marketing Strategy. The Difference between Marketing and Market. 3rd ed., Amsterdam/London/New York: Elsevier;
- Keillor, Bruce (ed.) (2007), Marketing in the 21st Century, London/Westport, Cunec.: Praeger Perspectives Publishing;
- Kotler, Philip, Armstrong, Gary, Saunders, John, Wong, Veronica (1999), Principles of Marketing (2nd European ed.), Prentice Hall Europe;
- Kotler, Philip (2003), Marketing Insights from A to Z. 80 Concepts Every Manager Needs to Know, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons;
- Kotler, Philip, Caslionе, John A. (2009), Chaotics. The Business of Managing and Marketing in the Age of Turbolence, New York/Atlanta/Brussels/Tokio: AMACOM;
- Kotler, Philip, Kartajaya, Hermawan, Setiawan, Iwan (2010), Marketing 3.0. From Products to Consumers to the Human Spirit, Hoboken, NJ, USA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc;
- Kotler, Philip, Keller, Kevin L. (2012), Marketing Management (14th Global ed.), Harlow, England: Pearson Education Ltd;
- Piercy, Nigel F. (2009), Market-Led Strategic Change. A Guide to Transforming the Process of Going to Market (4th ed.), Oxford: Elsevier Ltd;
- Piercy, Nigel F., Lane, Nakala (2009), Strategic Consumer Management. Strategizing the Sales Organization, Oxford: Oxford University Press;
- Tisch, Jonathan M., Weber, Karl (2007), Chocolates on the Pillow Aren’t Enough. Reinventing the Customer Experience, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.;
- Wilmshurst, John and Macay, Adrian (2002), The Fundamentals and Practices of Marketing. 4th ed., Oxford/Amsterdam/London/New York: Butterworth-Heinemann.
Средства за оценяване:
Test - 25%
Case - 25%
Presentation - 30%
Lecture presence and activity - 20%