MHRE227 Practicum: Continuing professional development, Part 2
Practice: Continuing Professional Development - Part 2 is the second of the three elements of the outside auditorium form Practice in MSc HRMD, which is an expression of the concept of continuing professional development and lifelong learning and complies with the requirements of CIPD and BHRMDA professional standards for human resource managers.
The purpose of Practice: Continuing professional development is to enhance the ability to integrate knowledge, to provide conditions for putting it into practice and provide an environment to share experience with practitioners through work on specific projects in specific organizations.
The practice covers three semesters of the program and is structured as coherent, logical units, with specific instructions to students, including the achievement of certain competencies, tasks and activities to complete.
Practice allows students to move towards her master's thesis.
Purposes of Practice: Continuing Professional Development - Part 2 are:
• To enable students to demonstrate knowledge and expertise in the real conditions of HRM and the commitment to continuous professional development through systematic and regular review of personal development.
• To enable students to appreciate the nature of learning and self-development offered in the program and summarize them in a portfolio.
доц. Мария Иванова д-р
Описание на курса:
Successful students will:
• the meaning and content of work portfolio;
• current trends in the use of different types of portfolio;
• the benefits of development and updating of operating portfolio and maintaining it in electronic format;
• international experience in this field.
2) be able to:
• use specific techniques: to diagnose learning needs;
• systematically manage their personal and professional development using appropriate strategies, frameworks and techniques.
• understand, explain and critically evaluate the possibilities of education - formal and informal work-related and personal perspectives.
• Identify needs for personal improvement or development
• to analyze the results of training and their impact on the performance of the work, to evaluate the effectiveness of trainings;
• diligently and accurately maintain systematic work portfolio.
Students should have knowledge and/ or skills in:
• English reading/ writing skills
• Computer skills (text-processing, worksheets, Internet and e-mail)
• Policy BHRMDA and CIPD for continuing professional development;
• The concept of portfolio for continuous professional development.
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Литература по темите:
• Банчева,Е., Иванова, М., “Учене и развитие чрез портфолио”, София: УМ-НБУ - учебник за магистърска програма УРЧР на НБУ-УМ, ISBN 978-954-535-452-6, 2006
• Ivanova, M. (2013) Guidelines for the development of a preliminary management report
• Armstrong, M. (2006). A Handbook of HRM Practice. 10th ed. London: Kogan Page.
• Marchington, M. and Wilkinson, A. (2002). People management and development. 2nd ed. London: CIPD.
• HRM Professional Standard - http://www.cipd.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/3BF07636-4E9A-4BDB-8916-95CC94F72EC9/0/profstands.pdf
Средства за оценяване:
Based on work in asynchronous discussions in Moodle (20%) and independent work on "Develop and maintain a portfolio" (80%) formed the final grade for the course.