Management of Business, Innovation and Technology (Joint programme with The University of York)
Short presentation of the programme:
The programme is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services sector. In recent years, the financial services industry has seen rapid worldwide development and change. Within this environment, there is an increasing demand for financial specialists capable of understanding the rules and complexities of the modern financial system.
Students do not only acquire a sound theoretical understanding but they also gain practical experience, by applying their knowledge on real life projects. Students benefit from the research-led environment, since they are exposed to not only the well-established fundamentals in their courses, but also to the most advanced theories and techniques currently under consideration and they are encouraged to be involved in academic research activities. Students are taught by academic staff members who are passionate about developing and delivering high quality innovative and inspirational learning and teaching methods. Students benefit from the provision of personal support, which ensures their successful learning development.
• Degree from one of the world’s top 100 universities, the University of York.
• Opportunities for placements and internships, in companies and organizations within the sector of banking and finance, assisting students to embark their career while studying.
• Use of on-line trading simulators helping students to put theory into practice.
• Students are exposed to different types of financial assets, markets and institutions and appreciate various schools of analysis.
• Expert teaching team, comprised of seasoned academics and industry experts with experience in banking and finance.
• Graduates may pursue careers in corporate finance, financial planning, investment banking, investment consulting, private banking and many more.
• Specialised programme of studies focusing on latest theory and practical applications of the finance industry.
• A pathway to a successful career in Europe and abroad.
- Prof. Rayna Nikolova, D.Sc. SHEM104 Project: Strategic Management in Modern Business
- Prof. Ivan Boevski, PhD SHEM107 Knowledge Technologies for Innovation (optional) SHEM113 Innovation and Entrepreneurship SHEM118 Internship
- Prof. Ivanka Daneva, PhD SHEM115 Research Skills and Dissertation Preparation SHEM122 Project: Global Digital Enterprise
- Assoc. Prof. Kristian Hadjiev, PhD SHEM109 Global Digital Enterprise SHEM112 Project: Global Digital Enterprise
- Assist. prof. Irena Nikolova, PhD SHEM101 Strategic Management in Modern Business
- Assoc. prof. Kristian Postagian, PhD SHEM106 Digital Marketing (optional) SHEM119 Project: Digital marketing
- chief.assist. Polina Mihova, PhD SHEM120 Project: Knowledge technologies for innovation
- Assist. prof. Boryana Gigova, PhD SHEM106 Digital Marketing (optional) SHEM109 Global Digital Enterprise SHEM112 Project: Global Digital Enterprise SHEM119 Project: Digital marketing
- Chief Assist. Prof. Valentina Ivanova, PhD SHEM102 ICT for Strategic Management SHEM121 Project: ICT for strategic management
- Assist. prof. Krasimir Kostenarov, PhD SHEM114 Managing Knowledge-Driven ICT Projects SHEM115 Research Skills and Dissertation Preparation SHEM117 Project: Managing Knowledge-Driven ICT Projects SHEM122 Project: Global Digital Enterprise
- Assist. prof. Rositsa Nakova, PhD SHEM108 Innovation Management and New Product Development (optional) SHEM118 Internship
- Assist. prof. Juliana Hadjichoneva, PhD SHEM113 Innovation and Entrepreneurship SHEM116 Project: Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Assist. Penko Ivanov SHEM107 Knowledge Technologies for Innovation (optional)