• The course aims to introduce the eye tracking methodology and its applications in studying cognitive processes, in applied usability studies, and as an assistive technology.
• The topics cover the methods for recording eye movements, applications in the study of the cognitive processes (reading, scene perception, etc.), usability testing (ads and web-sites), eye tracking applications as an assistive technology for children and adults with disabilities.
• During the course the students also get practical experience in working with eye tracking equipment.
проф. Морис Гринберг д-р
гл. ас. Евгения Христова д-р
Описание на курса:
Students who complete this course:
1) will know:
• the basics of eye-tracking methodology
• the main applications of eye-tracking in the study of cognitive processes
• the main applications of eye-tracking in usability studies
• the main applications of eye-control as an assistive technology
2) will be able to:
• read scientific papers and books about research using eye-tracking methodology
• plan studies involving eye-tracking recordings
• Knowledge and skills in experimental psychology
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
- Active vision. Eye movements.
- Recording eye-movements.
- Аnalyzing eye-movements.
- Eye-tracking and cognitive processes – scene perception.
- Eye-tracking and cognitive processes – face perception.
- Eye-tracking and cognitive processes – reading.
- Eye-tracking: Autism and Affective Disorders
- Eye-tracking and cognitive processes – judgments and decisions.
- Eye-tracking in usability testing (ads, web-sites)
- Discussion on experimental designs using eye-tracking methodology
- Eye-control as an assistive technology for children and adults with disabilities.
- Eye-control as an assistive technology – applications for early intervention.
- Eye-control as an assistive technology – applications for communication and computer control.
- Presentation and discussion on experimental designs using eye-tracking methodology
Литература по темите:
• Duchowski, A. (2007). Eye Tracking Methodology: Theory & Practice, 2nd ed., Springer-Verlag, London, UK.
• Henderson, J. M. (Ed.) (2012). Computational approaches to reading and scene perception. New York: Psychology Press.
• Hyona, J. Radach, R., & Deubel, H. (Eds.) (2003). The mind's eye: Cognitive and applied aspects of eye movement research. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science.
• Leigh, R. J., & Zee, D. S. (2015). The neurology of eye movements. Oxford University Press, USA.
• Rayner, K. (2009). Eye movements and attention in reading, scene perception, and visual search. The quarterly journal of experimental psychology, 62(8), 1457-1506.
• Senior, C. E., Russell, T. E., & Gazzaniga, M. S. (2006). Methods in mind. MIT Press.
Средства за оценяване:
• Written assignment