LEAB058 Economics (in English)
The course is intended to introduce students to the general concepts, principles and terminology in micro- and macroeconomics. During the course students will get familiar with the market system mechanisms and the characteristics of product markets and resource markets and will study the interaction of households and firms in markets for specific goods and services. The course also focuses on the operation of the economy as a whole and the various aspects of state intervention in the economy. Furthermore, it will give an overview of basic concepts such as business cycle, economic growth, employment and inflation.
The aim of the course is to provide students with the foundation to understand and interpret economic processes and to apply economic principles to everyday cases and real economy situations.
гл. ас. Елена Спасова д-р
Описание на курса:
After completing successfully this course, the students will:
• general principles and concepts of micro- and macroeconomic theory;
• sources of information on economic processes and basic tools for economic research and analysis
• The microeconomic implications and the macroeconomics consequences from imperfect competition and market failures.
2) be capable of:
• freely applying fundamental conceptual and terminological paradigms of economic theory and use them in their further studies.
• correctly analyzing the state, trends and perspectives for development on different markets and in the national economy, as a whole.
• Transform the theoretical knowledge into practical skills for market decision making.
No preliminary requirements.
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Литература по темите:
1.Begg, David, S. Fisher, R. Dornbusch: Economics, London: McGraw-Hill, 2000
2.McEachern, William: Microeconomics, 9th ed., South-Western, 2011
3.Krugman, Paul, R. Wells: Macroeconomics, New York: Worth Publishers, 2013
1.Sloman, John: Economics, 6th edition, Pearson, 2006
2.Samuelson, Paul, W. Nordhaus: Economics, 19th edition, McGraw-Hill, 2010
3.Baumol, W., Al. Blinder: Economics: Principles and Policies, 11th edition, Cengage, 2010
4.Lunn, William, J. McEachern: Study Guide for McEachern's Microeconomics, 9th edition, Cengage Learning, 2011
5.Sawyer Kelly, Elizabeth: Study guide to accompany macroeconomics, 3rd ed., New York: Worth Publishers, 2013