POLS227 Основни методи на политическия анализ
COURSE ANNOTATION AND AIMS:
The aims of this course concern the possibilities of one general overview of more usual methods in Political science. As an established body of knowledge, research is the accumulation of evidence by researchers over time. It provides a background against which claims for knowledge can be evaluated, and provides a way for researchers to communicate and compare their findings. Research as a collection of methods, tools, and techniques forms the basis for most research texts and courses in research; its methods are what set it apart from other ways of acquiring knowledge.
However, researchers argue that there are no absolute truths, only relatively more or less reliable and valid knowledge. Objective procedures increase the probability of obtaining more valid and more reliable knowledge. While people are not objective, research can be made more objective by following the rules of objectivity.
TECHNICAL BACKUP OF THE COURSE:
(web-based instruction, use of multimedia, slides, films,CD, albums, etc.)
• Web-based instruction, multimedia
• Statistical and sociological data
• Results of different political research
• Photos and additional materials concerning the different elements of work.
доц. Антоний Гълъбов д-р
Описание на курса:
After completing successfully this course the students will:
• How to use the methods of research to study one or more current social problems or dilemmas
• How to implement the methods in political science
2) are capable to:
• Construct and use one general methodological frame of political science research;
• Propose one or more different hypothesis about the possible explanation of political facts, trends and phenomena.
• Basic competences in the sociology and modern social debate.
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Литература по темите:
• The Methods of Political analysis – general reading
H T Reynolds, Janet Buttolph Johnson, Jason D Mycoff, 2008. Political Science Research Methods, Sixth Edition, CQ Press
Philip H. Pollock III. The Essentials of Political Analysis, 2 edition, CQ Press, 2005
Political Science Research Methods, SAGE Publications
Cambridge Journals On-Line
W. Phillips Shively. 2009. The Craft of Political Research, 8th edition.
Political Science Research in Practice
Akan Malici, Elizabeth S. Smith
Средства за оценяване:
FORMS OF EVALUATION CURRENT CONTROL COMBINED EVALUATION FINAL EXAM
TEST 25 % 25 % 30 %
WRITTEN ASINGMENT 25 % 35 %
PRACTICAL ASIGNEMNT 50 % 40 % 70 %