POLS245 Лидерството в 21 -ви век
COURSE ANNOTATION AND AIMS:
The course presents the history, development, means, methods and goals of political leadership. The main goal of the course is to form profound knowledge and understanding, as well as practical skills about political leadership.
проф. Евгений Дайнов д-р
Описание на курса:
After completing successfully this course the students will:
o The principles, documents and methods of political leadership
o The meaning of political leadership in modern world
2) be able to:
• Analyze and evaluate cases of political leadership
• To perform as political leaders
3) job opportunities, according to the National Register of Jobs and Positions in the Republic of Bulgaria:
• Experts in social and related sciences and humanities
• Teachers in universities, colleges and other academic schools
• Journalists and editors
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
1.History of leadership
2. Masses and leadership
3. Social influence and leadership
4. Freedom and leadership
5. Types and styles of leadership
6. Strategic analyses and planning
7. Power and leaders
8. Teams and leaders
9. Collective identities and leadership
10. Practical training/seminar
11. Practical training/seminar
12. Practical training/seminar
13. Practical training/seminar
14. Practical training/seminar
15. Final seminar
Литература по темите:
1. Alfred Adler. The Science of Character.
2. Aristotle. Politics.
3. Richard Bach. Jonathan Livingston Seagull
4. Charlie Beckwit. Delta Force.
5. Zbigniew Bzezinski. Out of Control.
6. Thomas Carlyle. On Heroes.
7. Paul Johnson. Heroes
8. Henry Kissinger. Diplomacy.
9. Max Landsberg. Foundations of Leadership.
10. Richard Marcinko. Strategies for success. Secrets of the Commando
11. Abraham Maslow. Motivation and Personality.
12. Amartya Sen. Identity and Violence.
13. Sun-Tsu. The Art of War.
14. Max Weber. The Scientist and the Politician
Средства за оценяване:
Control during the semester
essay – 50 %
case - 50 %