TCMB480 Многоканално общуване - изкуството да реагираш адекватно (Unify Communications - the Art to Respond) (на английски език)
COURSE OUTLINE AND OBJECTIVES
The course introduces practically into the soft skills of shorthand response building a prompt connect in English with customer demands within a globally distributed 'German speaking environment'. The Students are assumed to learn how to interact appropriately as Call Center Agents with German speaking customers mostly on the phone or via web based communication channels (in Global Delivery Centers such as HP, Ingram Micro etc.).
The seminal hours take place as associatively guided discussions on typical communicative situations in Service and Global Delivery Centers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMqGr4A_0E0), extracted from the experience of Dr. Ludmil Duridanov as Lecturer at German Universities (Freiburg, Jena, Erfurt, Leipzig) and Consultant and Area Manager of the German Postbank RE Division Jena /former BHW Immobilien GmbH/ (2004-2009). During the lectures the disclosed professional secrets of effective communication will show how easy is to connect to German-speaking customers in English and to support a sustainable contact on the basis of short e-mails (in Call Centers and Global Delivery Centers).
During practically oriented semester online and offline (face-to-face) consultations the lecturer communicates with the students using:
- Email, Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook (consulting students at any time)
- Moodle (as a virtual blackboard)
- Google Docs (consulting students to elaborate and synchronize working sheets and case analyses).
- Dropbox and Google Drive (online platforms to share files < 2 GB).
доц. Георги Петров д-р
Людмил Дуриданов д-р
Описание на курса:
Successfully graduated students:
- How to persuade partners and clients in typical situations
- How to synchronize socially and psychologically sensitive channels using the power of body language within multichannel communication, in globally distributed environments
- How to select appropriate nonverbal channels and synchronize them with the words as a sustainable image, especially during the first ten-twenty seconds.
- Play various roles that secure a confident performance bringing solutions in difficult professional situations
- Design a suitable working style with a customer in English within a German speaking globally distributed environment
- Create a well-balanced presence within real practical cases (interacting with Germany, Switzerland, Austria) covering a wide range of clients.
Students have to bring along the following skills:
- Basic English knowledge
- Elementary computer skills
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
№ Title of lecture
1. Practical introduction into the communication priorities of a globally distributed environment; discussion on English Key Competences for German-speaking clientele (the role of outsourced Service Centers and Global Delivery Centers)
2. Practical application of multi-channel communication in global corporate milieus - synchronization of Language and Body Language channels with Social Media
3. Shorthand etiquette and the importance of setting a first Connect with customers and business partners exploring his/her interests (worries or problems)
4. Responsive Reading - a prompt response to nonverbal factors of customer behavior (para-linguistic factors: pitch, tone, emotional character, rhythm, lip design, space expansion, slow motion, intensity of communication)
5. Soft skills to initiate a „common space“ with customers empowering synchronization of information pace (Slow / Fast Message) and volume (High / Low Context) in short conversations
6. Discussion of relevant scenarios for preserving Image - Introducing the interplay between verbal and nonverbal communication and its prompt impact on the customer (corporate ethics)
7. Application of short SMS style within customer service - visualization (shorthanded signs), adjusting tempo (fast / slow), synchronization (between synchronous and asynchronous etiquette) and immediate impact on a successful lead-out of a customer
8. Synchronization of different channels to bring the customer as soon as possible on his way out of the problematic situation (required skills: interactive competence, the art to respond, positive statement standards - paraphrase)
9. Quick challenging presentation skills "in the elevator" (elevator pitch) to impress a customer or business partners and to persuade them quickly
10. The role of Social Media (Facebook, Skype, etc.) - a „therapeutic solution“ to reduce customer aggression and successfully manage customer problems
11. The so-called Facebook technology – application of the new social and psychological sensitivity - a prompt art to respond and bring professional problems to reasonable solutions (Facebook, Skype, Unify etc.).
12. Soft skills to synchronize (connection and disconnection) private and professional life; the dynamic impact in the customer call (directly: therapeutic; in the long term: socializing - a steady client)
13. Initial consultation with the customer in a service center or with a new business partner - the art to resume (orally - with the customer; in writing - to the next level of customer service)
14. The emotional alphabet as communication syntax - sequences and intensity of oral conversation (on the phone, video conference, face-to-face interaction) and written discussions with customers (to text: SMS, email, chat, mobile communications)
15. Flashing signals of the „silent body language“ (micro-expressions, hot spots) – application of „leaks“ (barometer of „truth“) in terms of customer communication - voice alignment within a customer phone call or chat.
Литература по темите:
- EKMAN, PAUL: Emotions revealed, Understanding Faces and Feelings, London 2003.
- HALL, EDWARD & MILDRED: Hidden Differences, Doing Business with the Japanese, New York 1987
- JEFFRIES, MARK: Using the Secrets of Strategic Communication and Soft Skills to Win, London 2008.
- MILLAR, JAMES ed. Secrets of Body Language (A History Channel Documentary, 2008).
- REIMAN, TONYA: The Power of Body Language, New York 2007.
- REIMAN, TONYA: The YES Factor, Secrets of Persuasive Communication, New York 2010.
- SOLLMANN, ULRICH: We are our own client, encounter the organization, Heidelberg 2010.