Short presentation of the programme:
Requirements for prospective students:
- High school graduates present their diplomas, take a general education test, and sit a specialised exam.
- Graduates of other higher education institutions present their diplomas, take a specialised exam, and get an accreditation of the training received according to NBU standards and procedures. They are exempted from the general education test.
Admission is based on:
- average grade of all matriculation exams - 10%
- general education test score - 50%
- specialised exam score - 40%
Prospective students with an average matriculation grade excellent (5.50 - 6.00) receive 10 points in addition to their general education test score.
All prospective students receive 5 points in addition to their general education test score for their first-choice programme.
The specialised exam for admission to the programme is a written test at B2 level according to the CEFR, which requires practical application of listening comprehension and reading skills as well as writing a text based on information provided. Examination tasks follow the format of the First Certificate in English (FCE) of Cambridge ESOL. Holders of internationally recognised certificates are exempted from the exam and their achievements are translated into the Bulgarian 6.0 system (2-poor; 6-excellent).