Кратко представяне на програмата:
The first two years training program covers general education courses; lecture courses: Programming (C ++), Computer Systems, Object Oriented Programming (C ++), Introduction to Networks, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Local and Global networks, Databases and SQL, etc.; extracurricular forms of training: Project on Programming, Databases, Algorithms in Graphs, independent course works. During the third and fourth year education is organized in specialized courses in the program and extracurricular forms of training, including practices and internships. From the third year the program offers two modules that lead to professional qualifications. Students will be able to specialise in Network administration or Network programming.
Requirements for prospective students:
- High school graduates present their diplomas, take a general education test, and sit a specialised exam.
- Graduates of other higher education institutions present their diplomas, take a specialised exam, and get an accreditation of the training received according to NBU standards and procedures. They are exempted from the general education test.
Admission is based on:
- average grade of all matriculation exams - 10%
- general education test score - 50%
- specialised exam score - 40%
Prospective students with an average matriculation grade excellent (5.50 - 6.00) receive 10 points in addition to their general education test score.
All prospective students receive 5 points in addition to their general education test score for their first-choice programme.
The specialised exam for admission to the programme is a written test at B2 level according to the CEFR, which requires practical application of listening comprehension and reading skills as well as writing a text based on information provided. Examination tasks follow the format of the First Certificate in English (FCE) of Cambridge ESOL. Holders of internationally recognised certificates are exempted from the exam and their achievements are translated into the Bulgarian 6.0 system (2-poor; 6-excellent).