ENGB663 Педагогическа психология
The course in Educational Psychology presents three main topics: learners, learning and teaching. Students will be introduced to the specifics in the development during childhood and adolescence, to learners’ diversity and how this influence their learning and teacher’s teaching, learners’ exceptionalities. In terms of learning behavioral and cognitive theories of learning and strategies for learning are included. The parts directed to teaching include topics on effective lessons - how to compose and how to perform them, students’ motivation, assessment of students’ learning.
During the course, students will have practical classes. They will acquire train skills on how to perform effective lessons.
гл. ас. Надя Колчева д-р
Описание на курса:
After graduation the students will:
• The specifics in the students’ development in different age stages
• Student diversity and the requirements for individual approach
• Behavioral and cognitive theories of learning and strategies for learning
• Elements of the effective lesson
• About students’ motivation
• About students’ assessment
• Plan and perform effective lessons
• Apply individual approach to students with regards to their needs
• Motivate students
• Assess students learning
• Give students feedback to in the process of learning
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
1. Educational Psychology: A Foundation of Teaching
2. Theories of development
3. Development during Childhood and Adolescence
4. Student Diverse
5. Behavioural Theories of Learning
6. Cognitive Theories of Learning
7. The Effective Lesson
8. Motivating students to learn
9. Learners with Exceptionalities
10. Assessing Student Learning
Литература по темите:
• Slavin, R. (2015). Educational Psychology, 11th ed., Pearson
• Brophy, J. E. (1996). Teaching problem students. N. Y.: Guilford.
• Hyman, I. A. (1997). School discipline and school violence: A teacher variance approach. Boston: Allyn&Bacon.
• Shapiro, S, & Cole, L. (1994). Behaviour Change in the classroom: Self-Management Intervention. NY: Guilford.
• Short, R. H., Stewin, L. L. & Stewart, J. H. (1991). Educational Psychology. Canadian Perspectives. Longman Company, Toronto.
• Wittrock, M. C. (Ed.), Handbook of research on teaching (3rd Ed.). N. Y.: Macmillan.
• Woolfolk, A. (2004). Educational Psychology (9th Ed.) Allyn & Bacon.
Средства за оценяване: