PSYE320 Организационна психология - I част
This course is designed to provide students with the main and leading theories and views in organizational psychology. It focuses on the social aspects of organizations and work places where people spend a great part of their lives. The course explores interactions between human behaviour at work and organizational processes and attributes. It explores organizations at the individual and team level, examining the relationship between employees and managers, and employees and teams. It examines the factors that drive productivity and success in organizations including motivation, work stress, job satisfaction, organizational structure and culture. During the course students will have lectures, discussions, practical exercises and work in groups.
гл. ас. Соня Драгова д-р
Описание на курса:
Students will know:
• Students will acquire an understanding of psychological foundation of work and organizational behaviour;
• Students will have knowledge about varies motivation models and theories and how to apply them in practice;
Students will can:
• Students will be able to analyze organizations, their formal and informal aspects and processes;
• Students will be able to identify particular organizational problems and to apply knowledge derived from theories and researches for improvement of organizational effectiveness.
Prerequisites for students:
• To know the main theoretical models of social psychology, psychology of personality and group dynamics;
• To be acquainted with the psychological research methodology.
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
1. Introduction: Definitions and history. Goals, tasks and problems(lecture, 2h);
2. Research methods in organizational psychology (lecture, 2h);
3. Job design and job analysis: methods and techniques (lecture,2h);
4. Development of job description and personal specification (Work in groups,2h);
5. Why do people work? What motivates employees? (discussion,2h);
6. Work motivation: models and theories (lecture, 2h);
7. Case study: How to manage with low employees motivation? (Work in groups, 2h);
8. Job satisfaction: definitions, theories and methods (lecture,2h);
9. Occupational stress: sources and consequences (lecture, 2h);
10. Organizational structure design: formal and informal aspects. Types of organizational structures (lecture, 2h);
11. Organizational culture: definitions, levels, functions (lecture, 2h)
12. Types of organizational cultures (lecture, 2h);
13. Case study: design of organizational culture oriented to quality (Practical exercise + work in groups, 2h);
14. Questions and review (discussion,2h);
15. Test 1 (2h)
Литература по темите:
Alessandra, A. J., Hunsaker, P. (1993). Communicating at Work. Simon and Schuster.
Brannick, M., Levin, E., Morgeson, F. (2007). Job and work analysis: Methods, research, and applications for human resource management. SAGE Publications.
Cherniss, C., Goleman, D. (2001). The emotionally intelligent workplace: how to select for, measure, and improve emotional intelligence in individuals, groups, and organizations. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
Cole, G., A. (1996). Management: Theory and Practice. London.
Cole, G., A. (1998). Organizational Behavior. London.
Cooper, C., Locke, E. (2000). Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Linking Theory and Practice. Blackwell Publishing Inc.
Daniels, K. (2006). Employee relations in an organisational context. London: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
DuBrin, A. (1999). Applying Psychology. Individual Organizational Effectiveness. (5th ed).
Gordon, J. R. (1990). A Diagnistic Approach to Organizational Behavior. Prentice-Hall.
Hofstede, G., Hofstede, G.J. (2005). Cultures and organizations: software of the mind. New York: McGraw-Hill
Ivancevich, J. M., Matteson, M. T. (1990). Organizational Behavior and Management. Homewood, Boston.
Muchinsky,P. (1997). Psychology applied to work: an introduction to industrial and organizational psychology. Brooks/Cole Publishing company (fifth edition).
Newsrom, J., W. K. Davis. (1989). Organizational Behavior. Human Behavior at Work. McGraw Hill.
Pfeffer, J. (1994). Competitive advantage through people: unleashing the power of the work force. Boston: Harvard Business School Press
Riggio, R. (1999). Introduction to Industrial and Organizational Psychology. (3rd ed) Prentice Hall.
Robbins, S. (1990). Organizational Behavior: Concepts, Controversies, and Applications. Prentice-Hall.
Schultz, D., Schultz. S. (1998). Psychology and work today. (7th ed). Prentice Hall Inc.
Thompson, L. (ed.). (2003). The social psychology of organizational behavior: key readings. New York: Psychology Press
Tosi, H., Mero, N., Rizzo, J. (2000). Managing organizational behavior. (4th ed.). Oxford: Blackwell Publishers
West, M. (2005). The essentials of teamworking: international perspectives. West Sussex: Wiley
Средства за оценяване:
test - 50%
case study - 50%