PSYE319 Клинична психология - I част
This course offers an introduction to clinical psychology. The students can familiarize themselfes with the subject of clinical psychology, its specific features within the filedds of psychology and mental health, its scientific foundations and with the profession of a clinical psychologist.
доц. Никола Атанасов д-р
гл. ас. Светослав Савов д-р
Описание на курса:
The subject of clinical psychology, its relationships to neighbouring disciplins, the history of clinical psychology, the basic theoretical models of psychological disfunctioning, the basics of psychodiagnostics and clinical testing, the clinical interview, the intervention methods of clinical psychology and the professional requirements.
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
Clinical psychology: concept and subject.
2 Subspecialties: health psychology clinical neuropsychology, child clinical psychology, forensic psychology, geropsychology
3 Clinical psychology and the neighbouring disciplines: medical psychology, behavioral medicine, public health, psychiatry, neurology
4 History of Clinical psychology
5 Models of illness. Definitions of illness and health.
6 What is a mental disfunction? Mental health, mental illness and emotional disturbance. Psychiatric models of mental illness
7 The concept of norm in psychology. Statistical and clinical norms. Models of mental disfunction in psychology
8 Major theoretical models: psychodynamics
9 Major theoretical models – humanistic psychology
10 Major theoretical models – bevahiorism and cognitive psychology
11 Systemic models
12 Reasearch models: epidemiological models, case study, correlation.
13 Research models: experimental and mixed design models. Treatment outcome research
Литература по темите:
. American Psychiatric Association (1994). Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders (4th ed). Washington DC: APA
2. Carlstedt, R. (Ed.) (2010). Handbook of integrative clinical psychology, psychiatry, and behavioral medicine: perspectives, practices, and research. New York: Springer Publishing Company
3. Getzfeld, A. R. (2006). Essentials of abnormal psychology. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons
4. Levy, R. A.; Ablon, J. S. & Kachele, H. (Eds.) (2012). Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Research: Evidence-Based Practice and Practice-Based Evidence. New York: Humana Press
5. Plante Th. G. (2005). Contemporary Clinical Psychology. Hobokan, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
6. Strack, S. (Ed.) (2005). Handbook of personology and psychopathology. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc
7. Trull, T. (2005). Clinical Psychology, 7th ed., Belmont, CA: Wadsworth
8. World Health Organization (WHO) (2010). International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD), 10th revision
Средства за оценяване:
Test 1, Test 2