PSYE207 Психология на личността - I част
This course introduces students into the domain of personality psychology. We shall look for answers to the questions: what is personality and how is personality studied? We will examine the basic theories of personality in order to understand how personality is organised, how it functions and develops.
проф. Катя Стойчева д-р
Описание на курса:
The course has been designed to give basic knowledge of personality theories and their implications. During the course students will be researching, writing and presenting their work.
The course goals and students learning outcomes are for the students to:
- Understand and use specialized literature on personality
- Analyse personality theories and approaches
- Relate ideas and facts on personality structure, processes, growth and development
General notions of psychology and psychological research will be helpful
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
1. Introduction to personality psychology: Key concepts
2. Introduction to personality theories
3. Sigmund Freud. The psychoanalytic theory of personality.
4. Alfred Adler. Carl Gustav Jung.
5. Karen Horney. Harry Sullivan.
6. Erikson’s theory of psychosocial development.
7. Erich Fromm and the authoritarian personality.
8. Self-actualization. C. Rogers
9. Self-actualization. A. Maslow
10. Gordon Allport and his traits’ theory.
11. Behaviorism. Skinner’s theory of personality.
12. George Kelly’s theory of personal constructs
13. Albert Bandura’s social learning theory.
14. Abnormal personality. Review.
15. Conclusion. Test I.
Литература по темите:
An introduction to theories of personality, 7th edition
Ewen, Robert B., 2010, Psychology Press
Personality Psychology, 12th Edition International Student Version
Daniel Cervone and Lawrence A. Pervin, 2014, Wiley
Ellis, A., Abrams, M., Abrams, L. (2009). Personality theories: Critical Perspectives. London: Sage.
Ewen, Robert B. (1993). An introduction to theories of personality. Mahwah: Erlrlbaum.
Hall, C. S., Lindzey, G. (1958, 1963, 1970). Theories of personality. New York: John Wiley & Sons
Hjelle, L.A. and Ziegler, D. J. (1992). Personality theories: basic assumptions, research, and applications. New York: McGraw-Hill
Larsen, R. and Buss, D. (2005). Personality Psychology: Domains of knowledge about human nature. Boston: McGraw-Hill.
McAdams, Dan P. (1994). The Person: An Introduction to Personality Psychology. Fort Worth, TX: Harcourt Brace & Co.
Pervin, L. A. (1993). Personality: Theory and research. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
Pervin, L. A. et al. (Eds.) (1990). Handbook of Personality: Theory and research. New York: Guilford Press.
Средства за оценяване:
ТЕСТ 50 %
РЕФЕРАТ 50 %