DIHB003 Цифрови услуги, базирани на маркиращи езици (ML Based Digital Services)
ML (Markup Languages) describe complex data using text files by marking the passages of text. The marking is done by a set of special instructions called tags for the creation of a structure in the documents and determination of the relationships between the various elements of this structure. The main representatives of this group languages are: SGML (Standardized Generalized Markup Language), HTML (Hypertext Markup Language), XML (eXtensible Markup Language) and XHTML (Extensible Hypertext Markup Language).
The course introduces students to the contemporary ML. Particular attention is paid to the training on XML and its derivatives ML.
The course provides knowledge in depth about the basics of ML and overview, demonstrations and individual work with selected advanced technologies for development of social and business applications, E-learning modules and systems, 2D and 3D Web applications, and etc.
Many examples are discussed and practical problems are solved, leading to the acquisition of practical experience in the use of the main set of ML.
доц. Станислав Иванов д-р
проф. Борис Туджаров д-р
Описание на курса:
Students, successfully completed the course, will:
- the possibilities for application of the ML;
- the rules for determining the structure of ML and the corresponding meaning;
- technologies that accompany ML.
- use modern means of realizing the ML-based Web applications and integrated systems.
Students have knowledge and/or skills:
- to start the computer application;
- to work with a text editor;
- to use Internet browsers.
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
1. ML - introduction (overview: SGML, HTML, XML и XHTML – history and purpose).
2. HTML creation of Web pages. Structure of the commands in HTML and basic concepts of the language. HTML code writing and creation of HTML documents.
3. Main elements of Web pages – HTML realization. Examples.
4. XML – syntax (well formed XML). Defining the content of XML documents (valid XML).
5. XML in browsers.
CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). XSL (eXtensible Stylesheet Language).
7. Client-server data exchange - XMLHttpRequest Object. XML parser. Converting XML to DOM (Document Object Model) - a standard way for accessing and manipulating documents.). SAX (Simple API for XML) – event-based sequential access parser.
8. XML – standard for creation of new languages. XML based languages – overview and examples.
9. XPath - language for navigation (addressing parts of an XML document).
XML documents hyperlinks - XLink и XPointer. XML Namespaces.
10.Database and XML technologies – overview and examples.
11.SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol). RSS (Really Simple Syndication). RDF (Resource Description Framework).
12.2D Web graphics. Raster and vector graphics: GIF (Graphics Interchange Format), JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group), PNG (Portable Network Graphics), VML (Vector Markup Language) и SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) and etc. SMIL (Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language).
13.Web based 3D modeling with ML: X3D (eXtensible Markup Language), COLLADA and other technologies. Real-time communications with 3D scenes/objects.
14.Web applications with HTML5. Possibilities. Examples.
15.Development of ML application on concrete task - example. ML programming – perspectives.
Литература по темите:
• Freeman E. & Robson E. (2011), Head First HTML5 Programming, O’Reilly Media, Inc., ISBN: 978-1-449-39054-9
• Maruyama H., Tamura K. & Uramoto, N. (1999), XML and Java: developing Web applications, Addison-Wesley, ISBN: 0201485435
• Extensible Markup Language (XML) http://www.w3.org/XML/
• HTML5 Tutorial - http://www.w3schools.com/html/
• XML Tutorial - http://www.w3schools.com/xml/
Средства за оценяване:
Test (open and closed questions) and a practical task.