DIHB001 Дигитални умения в епохата на визуалната достъпност (Digital Skills in the Age of Visual Access)
The course is practically oriented and sets an application purpose to introduce the students in key competencies related to communication strategies concerning digital technologies facilitating visual access on arts and humanities and bringing an added value for attractive work opportunities on the global markets. The course acquaints the students with the radical social and psychological changes following the global trends of development of the information society and the overall use of social media as a business instrument within the framework of the so called Facebook technology as a “best practice” on the market.
Comparing web based communication strategies already time-tested and with prospects for the future the course will initiate students in the processes of participatory learning and collaborative working focused on virtual environments and animation instruments to simplify the visual access of the essentials which brings a good advantage for professional career perspectives.
The lectures concern the acknowledging of typical situations with interactive instruments of social media and follow the actual ICT and EU standards as well the sensitive requirements of social intelligence in the information society.
The discussed case solutions and the applied theoretical essentials are based on lecturer’s research and teaching activities at the Universities of Freiburg, Jena, Erfurt, Leipzig (1996-2009) and his collaborative project with students of the University of Western Sydney as well as on his working experience as a consultant of the German Postbank (2004-2009) and communication expert in Bulgaria (2009-2012).
Methodologically the course will follow an associative question and answer scenario with multimedia presentations of discussing the key concerns of ICT instruments. The discussions with the students will show how the intuitive internalization of soft skills to persuade are applicable for a better positioning on recently emerging segments of the market and finding solutions in problematic cases. Being aware of some social roles and communication techniques will bring them to face the professional challenges of a mobile world.
During the teaching process the lecturer communicates with the students via email, Moodle (the NBU electronic repository with lecturing stuff is exposed online), Facebook, Twitter, YouTube (materials and discussions) and Dropbox (for file sharing up to 2 GB). Google Docs will give an additional opportunity to the students to share and synchronize project materials together.
Людмил Дуриданов д-р
Описание на курса:
Students having successfully graduated the course:
1) Will acquire key competencies in communication strategies concerning an active presence online via social media and a visual image on the web within typical business networking situations.
2) The acquired skills will give the students an opportunity for a successful business interaction with:
- a corresponding style or web design
- a corresponding web presence (with practical examples concerning mobile communications in Germany, Switzerland, Australia and USA).
Students are required to have the following skills:
• working English
• elementary computer skills.
Форми на провеждане:
Език, на който се води курса:
Теми, които се разглеждат в курса:
# Key moments and digital strategies of communication – how ‘digital immigrants’ meet ‘digital natives’
# The Goldilocks effect – a dynamic key to simply and visually present things – social media roles in a multichannel space to communicate
# Digital friendship as a main key of the ‘Facebook technology’ – its application in social media life
# Combined application of Web 2.0 components and strategies in the invention and support of social networks with friends and business partners (with examples from Germany, Switzerland, USA and Australia)
# Invention and support of web image and brand – visualizing levels of social media communication (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+) – viral expanding with a circle of interacting friends in corporate business
# The new social sensitiveness and its emotional aspects – communication principles of openness, innovation and creative use of intellectual property
# Digital media and models of asynchronous communication – the role of friends and fans as a good practice to reveal an active interest in concrete situations (examples from Germany, Switzerland, USA)
# Digital ways of returning to a visual immediacy of thinking in class (participatory teaching, interactive and telecollaborative communication, simple visualization of knowledge)
# Viral role of social web 2.0 instruments of advertising in business and culture – emotional involvement by creating a network of followers via chat and advertising videos (with examples from Germany, Switzerland, Austria, USA)
# Elevator pitch – a teaser “in the elevator” as a simple visualizing communication key
# Innovation as a basic component transforming the corporate social networking – Blue Ocean strategy
# The positive style as a ‘political correctness’ in social media communication – elementary levels of designing a digital access (with examples from Germany, Switzerland, USA and Australia)
# Digital communication skills between the generations in business and advertising – typical situations in a mobile world (the Apple Mac и Microsoft cases as “best practices” of iLeadership)
# Mobile intelligence of digital communications – the socially extended space via virtual sharing between friends and partners.
# „Fast lightness“ of digital communication – a coin of exchange in business and politics („hidden differences“ in Germany, Switzerland, USA and Australia).
For further comments on the following topics see http://e-edu.nbu.bg/course/view.php?id=20540 (for further information):
Литература по темите:
• ELLIOT, JAY & SIMON, WILLIAM: The Steve Jobs Way: iLeadership for a New Generation, New York 2011 [= ДЖОБС, СТИВ: iЛидерът. Човекът, преобразил начина ни на общуване и живот, София 2011].
• ERICKSON, TAMARA: Plugged In, the Generation Y Guide, Harvard Business Press 2008. [ЕРИКСЪН, ТАМАРА: В мрежата: ръководство за блестяща кариера, София 2012]
• JEFFRIES, MARK: Using the Secrets of Strategic Communication and Soft Skills to Win, London 2008.
• KIRKPATRICK, DAVID: The Facebook Effect, the Inside Story of the Company that Is Connecting the World, New York 2010.
• SCOTT, DAVID MEERMAN: The New Rules of Marketing & PR. How to Use Social Media, Blogs, News Releases, Online Video and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly, New Jersey 2007. [СКОТ, ДЕЙВИД МИЪРМАН: Новите правила в маркетинга и в ПР, София 2009]
• SIEMENS, GEORGE & TITTENBERGER, PETER: Handbook of Emerging Technologies for Learning, 2009.
• SCHMIDT, ERIC & COHEN, JARED: The New Digital Age. Reshaping the Future of People, Nations and Business.2013.
• TAPSCOTT, DON & WILLIAMS, ANTHONY: Macrowikinomics. New Solutions for a Connected Planet. 2010.
Средства за оценяване:
Grading of current control is a combination of:
• Optional components:
- Case analysis (20 lines each or a video recorded analysis - 3-5 min.) – 35%
- Group project (oral presentation) – 35%
- Individual project (oral presentation) – 35%
- Seminal discussion – 35%
• Online test (as a mandatory component) – 30%
Participants having NOT assessed 100% attend an exam which consists of:
- two oral case analyses (each 35%) = 70% of the final note
- a group project (oral presentation) = 70% of the final note
• A mandatory online test (written) – 30%. A make-up within the exam term is also an option.