Politics and Society
Short presentation of the programme:
What is an individual? What is society? What is civilization? What is justice? Why do we have states and political parties? How can we thrive in the 21st century?
Politics and Society addresses these, and other connected issues, in a modern setting with up-to-date methods of interactive teaching with a pronounced practical bent. The first two years' study encompasses practical and general lecture courses in the fields of Politics, Society, Governance and International Relations, interlinking with disciplines such as sociology, social anthropology and economics. During the third and fourth years, the education process is organized around more narrowly profiled courses and practice-oriented educational forms.
The Program is conducted exclusively in English. Our key lecturers include both known scholars from the academic world, who have also lectured in Europe and the USA, and practitioners from the real world of politics such as former and present Prime Ministers, Ministers, party leaders, ambassadors, political advisors and military leaders.
- Prof. Antony Todorov POLS319 Globalization and Contemporary Political Ideologies POLS351 Geopolitics of Power in Europe
- Prof. Anna Krasteva POLS208 Migration Policy
- Prof. Evgenii Dainov, Ph.D. POLS136 Politics: The Fundamental ideas POLS140 Political Ideologies: Looking at the World as Political Agents POLS245 Leadership in the 21st Century POLS338 Practicum: Political Parties POLS438 Politics and Identity
- Prof. Krasimir Kalinov, PhD. POLS244 Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences
- Prof. Rumen Genov, PhD POLS219 Political Systems of Great Britain and the USA POLS332 Individual works: The Political systems of UK and USA
- Assoc. Prof. Antony Galabov POLS227 Basic Methods of Political Analysis
- Prof. assoc. Dr. Vassil Garnizov POLS141 Political Anthropology: Power, Ritual and Group
- Assoc. Prof. Dobrin Kanev POLS500 People and Power: Political Sociology
- Prof. Mira Mayer POLS220 Terrorism and Fundamentalism
- Assoc. Prof. Svetla Yaneva POLS700 Europe and Islam
- Assoc. Prof. Todor Kolarov POLS317 EU Development Policies POLS436 Security in Europe: Dangers, Risks, Countermeasures
- POLS144 Mapping Europe: Spaces, Ideas and People POLS316 Nations, Ethnicity, Nationalism
- Asst. Prof. Veronika Azarova POLS120 Cuture, religion, society (en anglais) POLS422 The Art of Negotiations POLS501 Cross-cultural Dialogue
- Asst. Prof. Evelina Staykova POLS208 Migration Policy
- Asst. Prof. Evelina Christova, PhD. POLS305 Democracy And The Media POLS308 Political communication POLS335 Practicum: Democracy and media
- Asst. Prof. Ivan Nachev POLS143 POLS254 Politics and Religion: Challenges In the 21st Century POLS701 The West Meets the East
- Asst. Prof. Katya Hristova-Valcheva POLS214 Political System of the EU POLS333 Individual works: The Political System of EU
- Asst. Prof. Kiril Avramov, PhD. POLS137 The Uses of Political Economy POLS302 Representative Governance POLS330 Practicum: Representative government POLS345 Individual Work: Integration and Desintegration in Europe and Its Periphery POLS347 The European Economy: Goals and Risks of Integration POLS434 Internship POLS451 Rational Choice in Politics and Society POLS452 How to write about politics?
- Asst. Prof. Lyubomir Stefanov POLS143 POLS202 Political Parties POLS247 Institutions: What Do They Do and Why DO We Need Them? POLS251 Transitions: What Are They and Where Do They Lead POLS254 Politics and Religion: Challenges In the 21st Century POLS420 Security and foreign policy in the Black sea region POLS433 Internship POLS452 How to write about politics?
- Prof. assist. Dr. Petia Gueorguieva POLS351 Geopolitics of Power in Europe
- POLS256 Individuals, Masses and Citizenship
- Asst. Prof. Metodi Metodiev POLS144 Mapping Europe: Spaces, Ideas and People POLS249 The Modern State: Benefits, Risks, Theories POLS255 The Rise of Evil: Authoritarianism, Totalitarianism and Fundamentalism POLS316 Nations, Ethnicity, Nationalism POLS341 Political Systems to the East of the EU POLS346 Individual Work: Political Systems to the East of the EU POLS701 The West Meets the East
- Asst. Hristo Panchugov POLS142 International Relations: How Do States Interrelate POLS248 Getting Things Done: Organizing, Lobbying and Campaigning POLS250 The Modern Democracy: Concepts and Theories POLS342 Integration and Desintegration in Europe and Its Periphery POLS401 Diplomatic history of the 20th century POLS420 Security and foreign policy in the Black sea region POLS438 Politics and Identity POLS452 How to write about politics?
- POLS138 Basic Ideas of Sociology
- Galina Markova-Derelieva, Ph.D. POLS246 Groups, Teams, Organizations POLS315 Politics and Social Policy POLS344 Practicum: Policies and Participation POLS349 Policies, Citizens and Participation
- POLS702 The Middle East - Risks and Opportunities
- POLS142 International Relations: How Do States Interrelate POLS250 The Modern Democracy: Concepts and Theories POLS401 Diplomatic history of the 20th century
- OOOK300 English for Political Sciences (level C2.1)
- Rositca Christova OOOK105 English for Political Scientists (level C1.1) OOOK200 English for Political Sciences (level C1.2) OOOK300 English for Political Sciences (level C2.1) OOOK400 English for Political Sciences (level C2.2)
- Colonel Valeri Rachev POLS348 National Security: Nature and Perspectives for Development POLS404 Conflict and War in the Contemporary World
- OOOK400 English for Political Sciences (level C2.2)
- Dragomir Yordanov POLS122 Law and Legal Systems POLS253 Human Rights: Where Do They Come From and Why Do We Need Them
- Yordan Stoichkov POLS453 Politics Sustainable Development
- POLS241 Questioning contemporary societies: analytical approaches and research tools